As undoubtedly one of the best social media marketing sites online, Twitter doesn’t need an introduction. Twitter is free to use and there is no limit to expand your marketing strategies.
We have compiled a list of 15 best twitter applications that will help you in attracting followers and compliment you in marketing your business online.
Top Twitter Applications List
To make this easy, we have divided these applications into various categories:
For Twitter Management on PC and Mac:
- Tweet Deck [tweetdeck.com] – This app has been recently acquired by Twitter. Through this, you can connect in real time with all your contacts across all social networking platforms like MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others. This is for PC users.
- Hoot Suite [hootsuite.com] – A popular app that controls retweets, tweets, direct messages and ‘mentions’ directly from a Hoot Suite account. You can integrate Facebook and LinkedIn as well. This is for PC users.
- Tweetie [atebits.com] – You need to purchase this app for $19.95 if you want it free of advertisements. The free app version supports ads. You can view conversations, compose messages, search trends, see direct messages, read user details, and select your notifications easily. This is only for MAC users.
For Twitter Management on Phones:
- Open Beak [orangatame.com] – You can post updates, images, get one-link access to friend’s timelines, your favorites, replies and current trends. You can search twitter with keywords and activate text recognition of @usernames and #hash tags. This is for BLACKBERRY users.
- Tiny Twitter [tinytwitter.com] – It has very simple installation process and works with any Java enabled phone. However, this is particularly suitable for BLACKBERRY users.
- Hoot Suite [hootsuite.com] – This app gives you multi-network integration, message scheduling, on-board click statistics, built-in link shortener and real time twitter search. This is one of the best apps for ANDROID phones.
- Nano Tweeter [code.google.com] – This app gives you all features of Twitter. It will not only give you real time updates as they happen but it runs in the background to check for new messages and updates. Since this is for ANDROID users, it uses the Android notification system to notify you about new tweets, replies and direct messages.
- UberSocial [ubersocial.com] – This app, previously known as Twit Droid, features their trademarked Live Preview program through which you can preview any Twitter linked content without leaving the app and the program trends high quality content to keep the user abreast of the latest news. This is for ANDROID users.
- Twitter for iPhone [itunes.com] – This app comes pre-loaded on your iPhone but you can download and install it later as well. If you are a music lover, this is what you need. You can easily sync Ping and Twitter with this IPHONE app and automatically tweet your Ping activity.
- Echo Phone [echofon.com] – It has both free and paid downloads. The paid one is for $4.99 and are ad-free. This is a popular app for IPHONE users with a push notification system and feature syndication of unread tweets with your computer. Therefore, there is device switch ability.
Twitter Apps for Marketing Small Businesses:
- Twit Hawk [twithawk.com] – Twitter can get chaotic sometimes. What Twit Hawk does is search twitter and generates a list of tweets that you need to respond to. Of course, this decision is based on your twitter and Twit Hawk settings. You can easily monitor your business campaigns with their online link tracking along with Google Analytics integration.
- Listorious [listorious.com] – Listorious is a unique program where business owners can ‘find’ people to follow and get followed in a matter of seconds. Over one million twitter users are listed on Listorious according to various categories like entertainment, celebrities, business, art, social media, technology and lots of other options. You just need to connect Listorious with your twitter account, and you are done!
- One Forty [oneforty.com] – HubSpot.com recently acquired OneForty.com, thus combining their inbound marketing methods with a popular social media networking promotional venture. Its social media marketing tool, Hub Base, will also be incorporated with HubSpot.com
- Twit Jump [twitjump.com] – This app is for those people who are just starting out to build their brand presence online. They have a strong anti-spam policy, a powerful search engine program and integrated Google Analytics. It has partnered with Apple iTunes to create a cool iPhone app for business owners, which you can download here for free.
- Twit Scoop [twitscoop.com] – Regular Twit Scoop users think this app is much better for catching up on breaking news than CNN would ever be! Those small business users who love to follow current trends; Twit Scoop is the best option. You just need to connect your twitter account by signing in, find new friends, send tweets, and follow buzz news and do lots of other stuff without ever reloading your page.
We realize that this is not an exhaustive list of twitter apps, but these are no doubt some of the top twitter applications on the market.
Try them out and/or share your experiences below.