The next video for you to view is “How To Upload Files Via Filezilla.”
This can seem like a daunting task if you are just starting out, but trust me…it’s really not that difficult.
There will be a lot of commotion on your computer screen as you’ll soon see, but watch the video a couple of times to get the hang of what you’re doing. It will get easier the more files you upload.
What is FTP?
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is the simplest and most secure way to exchange files over the Internet.
Actually, you most likely use FTP all the time. The most common use for FTP is to download files from the Internet; MP3’s, online auctions, games and creating websites.
An FTP address looks a lot like an HTTP address for a website except it uses the prefix ftp:// instead of http://.
Now, what is a FTP Client?
This is software that transfers files back-and-forth between two computers over the Internet. It needs to be installed on your computer and can only be used with a live connection to the Internet.
The classic FTP Client shows you a two-pane design. The pane on the left displays the files on your computer and the pane on the right displays the files on the computer.
In this video, “How To Upload Files Via Filezilla” you’ll learn;
- There are 2 methods in which to transfer files..through Cpanel or one that’s commonly used by beginners and veterans alike (which is used in this video)
- The easiest way…downloading the FTP Client Filezilla for free to your computer
- FTP details
- How to navigate the right and left side panes
- How to transfer the files 2 different ways
- What to look for at the bottom to make sure you’ve transferred correctly
Well, let’s get started!