If breathing is necessary to keep alive; Ezine submissions are necessary to keep your online income earning source alive. Okay, I know the analogy was bit of an exaggeration but believe me, Ezine is the backbone of online marketing.
Whether you are a freelancer, web designer, affiliate marketer or anybody who wishes to earn money online, Ezine is one place where you have to go, either today or tomorrow.
Before the Google Panda update, getting your submissions approved on Ezine was easy but after the Panda update, Ezine revamped its site, including its content submission guidelines.
As an expert of Ezine, let me share with you 51 tips and guidelines that will advise you to clear the tenacious article submission process easily. These tips and guidelines are compiled from the Ezine website and my own experience.
PS: Read this and you don’t have to EVER see their boring guidelines for author submission.
Ezine Article Submission Tips
1. Content should be original, not rewritten.
2. Content can be previously published with the same name of the author everywhere.
3. Freelancers working for clients as ghostwriters should provide the real name of the client and email for the Ezine account.
4. Content should NOT be general; it should provide tips, commentary, opinions, techniques, analysis and case studies in the chosen niche.
5. You cannot submit PLR articles; you will lose credibility if you do.
6. You cannot promote a PLR business on Ezine.
7. The content should be 100% exclusively owned by you.
8. Grammar – the subject-verb agreement should be correct.
9. Spelling – no errors acceptable; both American and British spellings accepted.
10. Punctuation – leave a space after comma, colon, semi-colon and period. If you are using quotations, the periods should be inside the quotation sign.
11. Get your content proofread before submitting, especially check the use of words.
12. Use grammatically correct SEO long tail keywords.
13. Content should be attractively formatted; minimum criteria is two paragraphs for each article.
14. Content should NOT have unfinished sentences that will create confusion for the readers.
15. Brands and Company names should be capitalized; example – PayPal, iPod, eBay and others.
16. Verify the website URL – if a published content on Ezine is found elsewhere, the ownership of the website should be the same as the Ezine author name; otherwise, the content will be rejected.
17. Do NOT submit press releases as articles. If you want to submit a PR, check out the Author Tool Box or submit directly through Press Exposure.
18. Ezine is NOT for Citizen Journalists; therefore, no news content can be published as articles.
19. Content pieces which are time sensitive have less chances of approval. Avoid placing dates in articles so that the content remains ‘evergreen.’
20. Content should NOT be promotional in nature.
21. Name of the company and the name of the Author should NOT be given in the article.
22. Content should NOT have a sales pitch.
23. Content can be product reviews but CANNOT be one sided only; it cannot be only positive or negative.
24. Content should NOT have a CTA (Call-To-Action) message.
25. Company Name, Author Name, Business Promotion and CTA should be reserved only for the byline.
26. Content should NOT be defamatory towards any particular group, company, individual or product.
27. Content should NOT be inclined towards hate and violence.
28. Content should NOT be about legal cases.
29. Content should NOT be sexually explicit in nature. It can only be health-related and educational.
30. Content that is linked with an explicit pornography site will be rejected and the account will be banned.
31. Content which uses vulgar euphemisms, racial slurs, and slang language will be rejected.
32. Content that deals with hacking, bomb creation, online gambling, terrorism, religious fanaticism, radicalism, illicit drugs, steroids, and weapons will NOT be accepted.
33. Content about libel and defamation is outright rejected.
34. If you want to promote any product that comes under the category of pyramid marketing, it will NOT be accepted.
35. Content should NOT be linked with Ponzi schemes or HYIP (High Yield Investment Programs).
36. Your content should NOT be derivative in nature; in other words, don’t rehash or rewrite previously published Ezine material and try to submit again. Ezine uses CASM (Content Associated Sequence Matching) software to identify derivative content.
37. The content should NOT be in the form of a letter, personal email or other personal correspondences.
38. The content should be formatted as an article, not a blog.
39. The content should not promote unethical Internet activities like:
- Selling of term papers
- Email safe lists promotion
- Email spamming
- Automated Paid-to-surf programs
- Traffic exchange techniques
- Click fraud advocacy
- Black Hat SEO
- Advocating MFA (Made for AdSense) sites
- Promoting inflated social media promotion tactics like purchasing FB fans
- Link baiting promotion
- Artificial traffic generation
- Advocating FDO (False Designation of Origin) of products and services
40. You can include affiliate marketing links but it should be from a top domain and should not contain promotional codes. For instance, affiliate marketing link as http://incomeinsiders.com/ is accepted but not http://incomeinsiders.com/promotionalcode/
41. If your content caters to a particular location, it should be relevant to that location only. For instance, if the article is about something located in California, it should not be applicable to anywhere else.
42. You can create 49 alternate author names, excluding the real name, from one Ezine membership account.
43. Articles below 500 words cannot have more than 3 words as anchor text.
44. Do NOT give your real email Id in the author byline section; spammers can misuse it.
45. Choose your article category correctly. Wrongly categorized articles are rejected.
Few Formatting Tips:
46. The first letters of the article title should always be capitalized.
47. The article title should be SEO friendly.
48. Characters like < >` ~ & # @ * … & ©® ™ cannot be given in the article.
49. Title should not have quotations and currency symbols like $$$.
50. Please do not bold the keywords excessively.
51. Please do not stuff keywords – use 1 keyword per 100 words.
Phew…a pretty exhaustive list.
If article marketing is what you are interesting in, consider this as your manual for Ezine success.
Become an Ezine article writing expert easily.
Did I forget anything? Please don’t forget to add your ezine article submission tips below.