Making money uploading files online is a new concept for me that I stumbled upon while researching another issue to write about here.
While we know about all the bigger ways to earn money online, uploading files falls under the lesser category that can give you a few hundred dollars per month if you can market the files well.
What exactly is file uploading?
Let’s suppose you have a document about “Tips to lose weight in 14 days.” You want to earn from it. How can you? You can make use of file sharing services where you upload files and earn money whenever anyone downloads the document.
Where do I find file sharing services to make money by uploading files?
For my readers I have researched and listed here file sharing sites which I found to be credible. However, the list is not a recommendation. Please visit the site and join after you are fully satisfied with its authenticity.
- Uploading (uploading.com) – You earn $20 per 1000 downloads.
- File Factory (filefactory.com) – You earn $15 per 1000 downloads and 20% commission when you sell their membership. You also earn 20% for referrals.
- Easy-Share (easy-share.com) – You earn $20 per 1000 downloads and 20% commissions when you sell their membership.
- BizHat (bizhat.com) – You earn $1 as signup bonus, $0.1 for referrals and $0.001 for each download.
- Share Cash (sharecash.org) – I think this site pays more than other file sharing sites. You can earn between $200 and $600 per 1000 downloads.
- File Sonic (filesonic.com) – Except for Hong Kong, the services are available worldwide. You earn $1 to $35 per 1000 downloads. This file sharing service site is ideal for aspiring artists.
- Hot File (hotfile.com) – You earn $2 to $15 per 1000 downloads and payments are automated, that is, you don’t have to withdraw manually.
- Upload Station (uploadstation.com) – You earn anywhere between $0.80 to $32 per 1000 downloads and the minimum payout is $20.
- File Serve (fileserve.com) – A reputable site for media file downloads. They pay up to $25 per 1000 downloads.
The file sharing sites work worldwide. However, if you are from remote areas, please check the list of countries before signing up.
PayPal, MoneyBookers, and bank transfers are the preferred modes of sending money. The payments are dispersed weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
Are the file sharing sites free to join?
Yes, most are free to join. Check out the individual sites for details.
Do I need to join all of them?
Yes, join as many file sharing sites as you want. It will maximize your income potential. Moreover, if you depend on one file sharing site to host all your documents, the server can overload and create problems while downloading.
Are there copyright issues?
The sites are uploading your files so there are no copyright issues. You can upload the same file in as many file sharing sites as you want. As far as I could research, the sites do not have any rules stating that a user cannot use the same file on other file sharing websites.
BUT, make sure all the files you use are original. You cannot upload files containing movies, songs and other videos as your own. Whatever file you want to earn money from should be created by you only or you should have full copyrights to use it any way you want.
Tip – If you want to increase file sharing downloads; use the service while creating an email list. As a blogger, you want to create an email list for business. Right?
Therefore, as an incentive for visitors to sign up, upload a free eBook through the file sharing networks and use that link for visitors to download the free eBook and leave their email id in return.
The major plus point…
You do not need a website to earn money. You use the file sharing platform and your promotional tools, that’s it!
Are there any specific places to promote?
Like you have file sharing sites, you also have file sharing forums. You can drop the file links on the forms given by these forums or sign up with the forum and leave the links as you go on posting…
I found a listing of trustworthy forums for promotion. Some of them were: Hongfire.com, Warez-bb.org, forumw.org, animea.net, filestube.com, nattawat.org, forums.linkbucks.com, amaderforum.com, projectw.org, downarchive.com and others.
3 Tips How To Make Money Uploading Files
- Check the visitor location – Most of the file sharing sites pays high when the downloader is from the UK,USA and Europe. Before signing up, try to search the visitors profile and/or find the rate for 1000 downloads in your country.
- Use popular sites – Use popular forums, discussion boards, and social networking sites to market the file links. Before sharing on forums and discussion boards, read the TOS. Sometimes forums may ban user accounts if the user posts too many links.
- Save uploading time – Use FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and remote upload tools to download and upload files quickly. The FTP is the standard method of uploading files on the net while the remote upload tool transfers data from a remote location to another. In remote transfer, you don’t have to download files from one particular site and then upload it to another; and it does use up the bandwidth as well.
While sharing files will not make you a ton of money, it can help you to earn a bit and pay off small expenses like website hosting, membership accounts, Internet charges and others.
File sharing is a good option as a side source of income. In fact, if you can write well, you can create eBooks on buzzing topics at the moment and give them away for free.
If you are an Internet marketer, you should consider sharing files as a great method of list building and free product/service promotion.
Have you used this method of earning money online before? What was your experience? Share with us below.