Nowadays, online marketing through blogging has turned more complex, especially because of two factors: competition and technology.
Competitors try to supersede others in the marketplace and better technology is spilling more trouble for laymen, ironically, as they find it hard to understand and apply them on their blogs.
Nevertheless, blogging is still the preferred way to reach a targeted audience. Blogging ensures that the small business entrepreneur’s products or service finds adequate leverage among prospective consumers. For this reason solely, many bloggers have now resorted to using blogs as a landing page.
What is a Landing Page?
In simple words, a landing page is any page on a website or a blog where traffic is diverted in order to execute an action.
Here are some examples where landing pages are used:
- In order to get high traffic on multiple keywords, one can design keyword specific landing pages and run PPC campaigns with the expectation of receiving highly targeted traffic on the landing pages.
- Traffic can be sent from a banner ad to a landing page, keeping the target audience in mind.
- Landing pages can be implemented through email marketing where the target audience follows link/s directly from the email to the landing page.
- In case of affiliate marketing, one can add a landing page link in the blog posts or can insert the links into the sidebars.
There are many reasons as to why a landing page is important. Not all blogs have landing pages and those blogs that do have landing pages shows a definite goal on the part of the blogger / small business owner.
Characteristics of Landing Page:
Benefits affiliate marketing – Seasoned affiliate marketers always use landing pages to increase product sales. Typically, the product is promoted on a blog, which contains an embedded link to the main sales product page.
The visitor lands on the sales page by clicking on the embedded link and if the product is usable, depending on the expectations set by the consumer, the lead is converted into a sale and commission for the affiliate marketer.
Design cool landing pages – Designing multiple landing pages is faster and easier than designing whole websites.
Using landing pages reduces time. Also, the landing pages give the marketer lots of writing space to present detailed information about the intended product.
This feature is somewhat restricted on blogs or websites. A landing page talks about the product ONLY and a designer has all the creative freedom to make the landing page as attractive as possible.
Navigating towards the landing page – A landing page can be more constricted or regulated to particular aspects of the intended product or service. This is most of the time not possible in websites as the readers attention is diverted to other things. This is one of the reason why landing pages fare well in lead conversion into sales.
Diverting the visitor – Landing pages serve as two way traffic –blogs can be used to divert traffic to the landing page and the same landing page can be used to divert traffic to the desired website or blog.
Now, let’s see the reasons for creating a landing page:
(1) You need a landing page to get subscribers for your newsletter. This way you can build a mailing list in a few months and use the mailing list for selling your products. However, you don’t have to be too elaborate in creating this landing page. A simple opt-in form made visible to visitors at the onset will be enough.
(2) You can use a landing page for trial runs of your product. For instance, if you have a software product that you think will be useful for many and you want to see how the software runs when people really use it, you can create a landing page allowing users to download a, let’s say, 30 – day trial version. After the trial period ends, the user can buy the software from you.
(3) Finally and most importantly, landing pages are ideal for selling products. These pages are the primary choice of affiliate marketers to earn commissions.
To end our discussion here, you may need technical help to create your landing page. Of course, if you are web developer yourself, there won’t be much trouble but if you are a newbie and struggling with setting up a blog, you definitely need help.
Here, the cost cannot be written as a certainty as landing page developers charge differently. Nevertheless, let cost not be a deterrent. Landing pages are essential if you want to make money online.
Joni and I have a recommended product we’d love to share with all of our readers…this product is awesome if you are just starting out, but is also used by a number of seasoned marketers, not wanting to be bogged down on some of the design work.
I do want to point out that Income Insiders is currently using this product on our eCourse Landing Page with really great results. This product is very versatile and creates good-looking pages for you. This is not difficult to implement – creates squeeze pages – sales letters – memberships and the designs you choose from are very crisp and clear…just what is needed.
If you aren’t good at the technical aspect of Internet marketing, we highly suggest you check OptimizePress out. It’s not expensive and what a time saver.