Writers block is a condition when the writer loses the ability to create new stuff. All kind of writers face this whether it is a blogger or an author. You just feel like you have lost your creativity.
But there are always strategies for overcoming writers block. You need to take a break from your work to try to create something different and try to think of new ideas. You need to think and work on a complete different style from yours and your competitors like a third kind of style which no one is using till now.
This situation is very irritating when you are sitting at your computer, ready to type a new post or content for your website. You start typing only to find out that your mind is drawing a complete blank. You can’t think of any ideas.
Writing something interesting is the only way to make a blog or website popular but for maintaining that success, you need to write consistently. This is where writer’s block comes into play and stops you from creating interesting stuff.
So, here are few brilliant tips how to overcome writers block:
1. Always do research before writing because it helps a lot to overcome writer’s block. By doing research you come to know what is available and what people generally want.
Even a small bit of research done before writing helps a lot to enhance the quality of your content. You also get a number of ideas on the subject which you can use as content.
The sources used for research can be magazines, books, movies or other blogs on the same subject. It depends on your access to resources and choice.
These days bloggers generally prefer to use other blogs for ideas as it is fast and organized. Same goes for websites. Even the magazines can be a good choice as they are written after a lot of research.
2. Your content should be interesting so try using some tools that makes it amusing and worth reading. You should always try to communicate with your readers through your content. Add a bit of personality and make it entertaining or controversial. Try to add a funny incidence or an interesting video related to the subject.
You can use quotes and jokes in the process of writing for your site. You want to always try and put incidences which support your point of view. Try to paint a picture of who you are in your reader’s mind so your readers feel connected and come back again and again to read your stuff.
3. Always summarize your content at the end so that if the readers just want to go through the key points they have the option.
It may seem offensive but the important people here are the readers who will come back again and again to take the essential points and if they find them interesting they will read the rest.
Your sole purpose of writing is to communicate with your readers and the important thing is that they are reading… so it doesn’t matter what part they read. Does that make sense? LoL!
You should write a brief summary about the reader’s problem. This attracts your reader again and again as it is easy for them to take away key points. Also pay attention that if you can’t write because you are not getting new ideas then just rewrite.
4. Try to give your audience all information, entertainment and briefs but don’t forget to put the solution which is THE purpose.
You can also interview some people and record their ideas on the subject and attach it to your site. This will also bring fresh point of views.
5. You can put up a local event on your site and support your views with it to make your site even more interesting. You can also use a past event and discuss its effect on our live’s today.
6. You can write a tutorial that guides your readers step by step to overcome a problem. This genuinely helps them and they keep visiting you again and again.
7. You can deal with reader’s issues when they express it on your site’s “comment” section. You can even create unique write-ups catering to reader’s expressive issues.
You can deal with social issues on your site. This will help your readers to be aware of the pros and cons of the issue and will also give you a chance to express your views…
8. You can write reviews on famous movies or famous people for a change and this will give you the opportunity to interact with your readers as they comment a lot on these topics.
Always keep making lists of new ideas that come to mind so that you can use them when no ideas seem to come to you at the time of writing something.
9. You can also ask somebody to help you with new ideas for your site. Sometimes it so happens that you can’t think of those ideas because of writer’s block.
You might also talk about your hobbies. It helps to make your work more interesting and informative.
10. You can always update your previous content if there have been any recent developments…This will also keep your readers updated.
Perhaps when you don’t want to write, just post some pictures which may be of use to your readers…pictures express what even words cannot!
Please leave a comment below to let us know how YOU dealing with writers block.